Brief Blog

It's that simple.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

 
My Big Scrabble Night

It started with me borrowing a pen. Cash prizes were awarded for players with the highest scoring games and the highest point words. Those who played me became rich. Over three games, I think the point differential between my opponents and me was 386. I was schooled - hardcore. Near the end of the night, Adam added -stition to super for superstition. People gathered around. Their voices boomed. The director took pictures of the board! One guy, Ben was his name, said, "I haven't seen a word that long in twenty years of play."

see also:

Twilight Zone: "The Eye of the Beholder"Season 2, Episode 6

posted by c.  # 9:58 PM
Comments:
bravo, the first club experience is always painful, hopefully you weren't too discouraged and will return.
Franz
 
I appreciate your suport, Franz. It's hard being a pimp.
 
(If I remember the rules of the game) Thinking it woulda been funny to turn the thing on its ear and challenge the word (oh wait, that's my strategy, when down see how many points I can go down....of course treatment 11 for me is scheduled for next month....)
 
Aw, yes. I do remember that strategy, Dern. I think you used to use it every once in awhile when playing chess. By the way, I have a sneaking suspicion you had pub night tonight.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?