Brief Blog

It's that simple.

Monday, August 28, 2006

 
Fish for Food

Dern visited this weekend. We barbequed a couple of golden trout we bought at the fish market. They looked like koi. They tasted kind of funny, too. I hope they were not koi.

posted by c.  # 9:07 PM
Comments:
I think Koi would have been WAY WAY too expensive. When I toured the Japanese Garden, they were talking about how one fish can cost more than $1000.00 dollars. That's why they try so hard to keep raccoons from eating them. :)
 
If those were Koi...you got a heck of a deal....

Was a fun trip, have to repeat soon.
 
Aren't koi just carp? Okay, maybe pretty carp -- pretty carp with great, mutated genes.

These trout weren't so pretty. They were a dull orange-y pink. I think they were carp.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?