Brief Blog

It's that simple.

Monday, July 31, 2006

 
Have a pulse? You're hired!

In my recent experience, nursing interviews are more like disclosure meetings where the head nurse tries to warn me what I could get myself into if I were to accept the job. They focus little on me and my talents. They don't even care much about my qualifications. The conversations are mostly one sided with

* We want you to know there will be very few procedures "
* There won't be much nursing in the traditional sense -- we mostly educate..."
* answering phones, filling out co-pay paperwork and, oh, I usually like to leave around 4 PM"

They never looked at my resume during the interview today. Before I walked out, I offered it to them. The head nurse stated she had already seen it. I handed each of them a copy and said, "Please take one. I'm pretty proud of it."

I'm very skeptical of this clinic. I'm returning in the morning to watch how they run the place.

posted by c.  # 10:11 PM
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?