Brief Blog

It's that simple.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

 
Scoundrel

I still have Oregon tags and I make major purchases and ship them over the border to avoid sales tax.

posted by c.  # 12:10 AM
Comments:
*gasp*

My faith is shattered! Now I know what "loss of innocence" feels like. I shall never trust in the goodness of human nature ever again!
 
Yep, my income and property tax dollars hard at work.....to help support California and Washington...
 
Actually, this particular helps Oregon and hurts California.

Buying tags from the Oregon DMV is essentially giving money to the state of Oregon without using up any of Oregon's resources right? I mean, I think the tag money is supposed to be used for roads or something, but if you aren't living in Oregon, you aren't causing any wear and tear on the roads.

And spending money from California boosts the Oregon business's income and thus the tax it pays. Well, in theory. At the very least it forces businesses to employ more people in Oregon and then the employees get taxed.

So actually, it's Washington and California's income, property, and sales tax hard at work to help support Oregon.

Don't think of it as breaking the law. Think of it as helping your ancestral homeland.

It's not a petty act of tax evasion. It's a declaration of allegiance. It's a call for reform of the draconian, regressive Californian tax policies. It's civil disobedience. It's holding yourself to a higher law, a law that transcends the IRS and the Californian legislature! Viva la revolucion!











PS - I have entirely too much free time on my hands.
 
Antiplatypus, your're a genius! I had the same basic thoughts. (I'm a genius!)

It helps Oregon, not California. And, you're right, who wants to pledge allegiance to California? Not me. It's a fun place to visit, maybe to live for just a few years, but you got to get the hell out.

The campgrounds are overcrowded, the public schools are broken, and the current governer has big muscles and is overly tan.

I'll keep my Oregon plates.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?