Brief Blog

It's that simple.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

 
Getting to Know Bad Coffee

I'm realizing they have bad coffee. Amy said so, and now I believe it. It's bitter and burnt. But I can't stop going there. And I don't know the name of the place. How can you not know the name of something, yet feel so close to it? Maybe it's because they post family photos from Morocco and of people and dogs from the neighborhood. Molly's dog, Hudson, is on the board, as is a picture of Geoff wearing shorts and shades. He only has a cane in the picture; now he uses an aluminum walker. I could tell you even more things about the place -- like how the heads of Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble guard the door, like how they (the baristas, not Fred and Barney) tease me and say they're going to give me decaf, but this is briefblog, and it's now time to drink a cup of bad coffee.

posted by c.  # 4:17 PM
Comments:
What if I tell you they have good coffee? Will you then start realizing they do?

The power of suggestion is strong in you young luke.

Wait...
 
[hushed narrator voice]

"We've replaced their regular coffee with Folger's Crystals."
 
The absolute best coffee sits around on a hot plate all morning then afternoon and you can still get a spoon to stand up in it.......
 
has it worked yet? or should i give my powers a few more days to marinate?

they probably won't change the coffee or make a new batch during that time.

you'll soon feel the love.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?