Brief Blog

It's that simple.

Friday, February 04, 2005

 
I did my own taxes this year. This is my first time doing them myself since 2000. Like last year, I had to file Federal, California, and Oregon taxes.

Have you done your own taxes lately?

Dedicate six to twelve hours to the cause if you have more than one income from two or more separate states or if you cashed out any investments.

Why is it that the government requires all literature printed at a middle school reading level and then they have a tax system that a college graduate can barely figure out?

posted by c.  # 7:40 PM
Comments:
I cheat. I've given up on my own training as an engineer and I pay someone else to figure it out for me.
(What about the county income tax?....oh wait, that was after your time here)

Sincerely,

Soulless Yuppy.
 
as a math savvy sort of guy i feel it my personal duty to do my own. for the first year since i can remember i worked at 1 place, all my income was in 1 state, heck, it was easy. and, i'm getting 1200 from the feds. gotta love the mortgage deduction.

tf
 
It's nice to have a mom who is an accountant. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?