Brief Blog

It's that simple.

Thursday, September 09, 2004

 
Today, I saw the smallest human being I've ever seen. It weighed 356 grams and was 25 weeks gestation (normally a baby is born after 40 weeks). It had see through skin and fused eyelids. The mom wasn't around. I gawked. They kept it alive by vibrating air through it's lungs.

posted by c.  # 10:27 PM
Comments:
Is 25 weeks too early to tell what sex it is? I was wondering because you called the baby an "it". What do they do about that? Do you think the baby will make it?
 
No, the baby had a sex. If the genetics aren't messed up, you can tell that from very early on. I think it was a boy, but that's only because it was wearing a blue stocking cap.

I have a habit of calling babies "its" when I don't know them, or when they don't have names yet.

Sadly, this particular baby will die soon.
 
Hey I remember that 09/10/04 conversation dude......
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?