Suddenly, it's hip to have Gmail. What the hell? I've seen pleas on Friendster asking for invites and bloggers concerned about how they dole out these invites.
I liked this site. It made me feel better about my stupid yahoo account.
I wasn't going to comment but I just realized I fall into the "bloggers concerned about how they dole out these invites" category.
For me, to an extent it is a status symbol. I'd be lying if I said having a gmail account didn't give me a small bit of satisfaction.
Its also nice because it is slightly better than the existing email systems. The increased storage and conversation grouping comes in handy.
I'm not too worried about my email privacy. I assumed everything I said in my old yahoo account could be monitored too. I don't think gmail is any less private than the other free email services. If I have anything extremely private to say, I'll always say it in person.
So I switched because its "cooler" and better than the existing free email services. Although, I'm not going to go trying to convince everyone and their dogs to switch. I'm not a gmail fanatic. I just like it.
And as to my post, I wasn't really talking about gmail. Just using it as an example to illustrate a larger point. Whats that called? There is an english term for that.
Sister C, Right On! Of course I had to ask what gmail was (duh, a man who still has a rotary phone and prefers listening to vinyl over other electronica....and is just a neanderthaller northwesterner). WTF (LOL) do I need with 1GB. Our email accounts at work are limited to 25GB and we routinely email files 5MB+ in size. I'm happy with my non-private yahoo account, netscape account, and blogger account anyday.